AAUW Doylestown Branch was organized in 1958.
Our charter was granted on May 20, 1958 with a membership of sixteen. Branch membership has now grown to 100+ members.
This branch of AAUW has long tradition of attempting to solve educational issues for women and girls. For example, in the early 1970′s it was a group of Doylestown Branch members who founded ‘Aid for Girls’, the organization that later became ‘Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Bucks County’.
FULFILLING OUR MISSION
AAUW Doylestown branch contributes to the community:
- By awarding an Annual scholarship granted to a graduating girl from Central Bucks East, South or West.
- By awarding an Annual Scholarship granted to a young woman graduating from Bucks County Community College and continuing her studies.
- As a supporting member of the Bucks County Women’s Advocacy Coalition
- By contributing to AAUW Action Funds
- By partnering with Delaware Valley College as part of the AAUW Colleges/Universities Program effective April 2014