AAUW Doylestown Branch was organized in 1958.
Our charter was granted on May 20, 1958 with a membership of sixteen. Branch membership has now grown to 100+ members.
This branch of AAUW has long tradition of attempting to solve educational issues for women and girls. For example, in the early 1970′s it was a group of Doylestown Branch members who founded ‘Aid for Girls’, the organization that later became ‘Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Bucks County’.
FULFILLING OUR MISSION
AAUW Doylestown branch contributes to the community:
- By awarding an Annual scholarship granted to a graduating girl from Central Bucks East, South or West.
- By awarding an Annual Scholarship granted to a young woman graduating from Bucks County Community College and continuing her studies.
- As a supporting member of the Bucks County Women’s Advocacy Coalition
- By contributing to AAUW Action Funds
- By partnering with Delaware Valley College as part of the AAUW Colleges/Universities Program effective April 2014
SHAPE THE FUTURE TEA
Our September meeting, Shape the Future Tea (formerly known as our Membership Tea) will be held on Sunday, September 13th from 2:00 PM to 4 PM. You will be getting the details of the meeting in THE FORECASTER and by future emails.
What you may not know is that The Membership Committee will send a hand written invitation to anyone you might be thinking of inviting to join our AAUW Branch.
So, please send Deb Nugent, our new Vice President of Membership the names and addresses of your prospective members and she will see to it that they receive an “official” invitation as well as your own. You can contact Deb at Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deb is looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible!