AAUW Doylestown Branch was organized in 1958.
Our charter was granted on May 20, 1958 with a membership of sixteen. Branch membership has now grown to 100+ members.
This branch of AAUW has long tradition of attempting to solve educational issues for women and girls. For example, in the early 1970′s it was a group of Doylestown Branch members who founded ‘Aid for Girls’, the organization that later became ‘Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Bucks County’.
FULFILLING OUR MISSION
AAUW Doylestown branch contributes to the community:
- By awarding an Annual scholarship granted to a graduating girl from Central Bucks East, South or West.
- By awarding an Annual Scholarship granted to a young woman graduating from Bucks County Community College and continuing her studies.
- As a supporting member of the Bucks County Women’s Advocacy Coalition
- By contributing to AAUW Action Funds
- By partnering with Delaware Valley College as part of the AAUW Colleges/Universities Program effective April 2014
May 2015 Meeting
President’s Perspective – May 2015
The May speaker and film are unavailable; therefore, The Board is taking this opportunity to expand our annual meeting to allow all members to participate in every facet of the Doylestown Branch’s business. Your involvement will lay the cornerstone for discussion of the 2015-16 Board of Directors. LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD MAY SIXTH!
Morgan Pickands will preside over the meeting beginning at 7:30 PM.
- Nominations entertained.
Voting for officers, President, Finance Officer, Vice-President for Programs.
2.Explanation of the Branch By-Law amendments
Voting for /against the changes. Morgan
- Full explanation of the Budget for 2014-15 and income and expenses to date, May 1.
1.Income from dues and expenses
2.Income from fundraising activities and expenses. Mary Jo
- “Fun” draising activities and survey results. Sue
- Committee Reports
- Incorporation Status
- 501C3 Status
- Review of Organization Chart and members needed for the committees.
- How scheduling works and when do you need to submit it. Jean Stevens
- Unfinished business and discussion, from the floor
- New business
- 1. AAUW National By-Law amendments and how this will affect you.
Please bring your Outlook issue for April and your member number (this is very important)
- Update of the state Convention and awardees
- Announcement of the dues and Banquet deadlines. Sandy
- Additional discussion, from the floor.
Roberts Rules of Order will apply